Thursday, November 4, 2010

Introductions

Dear Young Philosophers,

Please introduce yourselves to each other.  Several of you are studying at the same school and several of you are studying the same subjects, so be sure to tell us what school you're at, what your major is, why you want to go to London, your past international travel experience if any, & other interesting things about you.  I'll start:

Hello!  My name is Cate Sherron, and I'll be your CCSA London Bioethics instructor this December/January.  I am absolutely delighted that you have signed up for my class, and I think you will be very pleased with it and our entire experience in London!  Woo-hoo!

A few things about me: 
I love bioethics! I love London.  I love teaching.  We are going to have a great class.
I have been teaching philosophy at Thomas More College in Northern Kentucky for 10 years.  Biomedical ethics (bioethics for short) is my first love:  it was a medical ethics class in college that got me hooked on philosophy.  My undergraduate degree in Interdisciplinary Studies is from Miami University (OH); my MA in philosophy is from University of Tennessee, Knoxville; my Ph.D. in philosophy (philosophy of science) is from University of Cincinnati. 

I'm married to Randy Bailey, an actor and carpenter.  We live in Ft. Thomas, KY with our two cats.  Randy will accompany us on our trip.  He's very nice; you'll like him, I'm sure.

7 comments:

  1. Hello to all,
    My name is Tara Butts and I go to NKU. I am a junior majoring in Social Work and minoring in Social Justice. I have never traveled outside of the country or even flown before, so this is going to be an exciting experience for me! Traveling has always been at the top of my to-do list, so I decided to start by taking this class in London. The city has a lot to offer for both my education and my personal enjoyment. Not only do I get to experience the thrill of another country, but I get to do so with my best friend by my side! Needless to say I am thrilled about this opportunity, and I am counting down the days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am Lauren Heck and a junior at Northern Kentucky University. I will be starting nursing school in the spring semester and Psychology is my minor. I had been thinking about traveling abroad for awhile and this trip seemed like the perfect opportunity! I have taken a Healthcare Ethics course before and it was very interesting; that is why I chose this class. I have never been outside of the country before so this will all be a new and exciting experience for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I'm Rea Rostosky and I am a sophomore studying Biomedical Engineering at the University of Louisville. This course is particularly applicable to my career goals as a biomedial researcher. I have travelled to Canada, Mexico, and Bermuda, but I have never ventured to Europe. This trip will be both the longest I've been in another country and the longest plane ride to get there! I am excited to meet everyone and get started on this unique learning experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I am Stephanie Shaia, a sophomore exercise science major at Belmont University. I have not been on a plane or traveled outside the country, but I love traveling within our borders and seeing new places. I hadn't really thought about study abroad too much because I can't get my major classes anywhere else, but saw a short article on the school website about the winter program and decided to get more information. I am very glad I did since this is bound to be the best philosophy class I could ever take!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, My name is Nivia Bruner, I am new to Blogging so excuse my frustration. I am a senior at Moreheadstate and majoring in Social Work.
    I have never traveled to London and looking toward to an exciting adventure. I am looking forward to meeting Dr. Cate and the class. See you in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone! My name is Sarah Mersch. I am a sophomore at Thomas More College majoring in medical technology. This study abroad trip seemed like a wonderful opportunity to travel as well as obtain a philosophy credit. I am really excited to be taking this course! A few summers ago, I was fortunate to travel to Sydney, Australia for about a week. I am looking forward to meeting everyone and spending time in London!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello, my name is Barbara Bailey but just call me Barb. I am a Senior at Morehead State University and my major is Social Work. I am very new at blogging but I will give this a try anyway. I am VERY excited about traveling to London and feel the Lord has blessed me tremendously! I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and a joyous time in London! See you all there!!

    ReplyDelete